Entertainment & Leisure
Sydney Festival: Your Name in Lights
Kaldor Public Art Projects and Sydney Festival present
Your Name in Lights
Australian Museum (William Street façade)
His best work stops us short, allowing us to see things with fresh eyes. LA Times
Everyone wants their name in lights, right?
We are very excited to be working with Kaldor Public Art Projects to bring one of contemporary arts pre-eminent conceptual artists, John Baldessari, recipient of the Golden Lion Award for lifetime achievement at the 2009 Venice Biennale, to Sydney with an artwork that gives everyone their 15 seconds of fame.
Baldessari is calling for more than 100,000 people to register so he can put their name up in lights, for 15 seconds each. Located on the external wall of the Australian Museum for all the world to see, Your Name in Lights is a 30-metre screen that will be operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, throughout the three weeks of Sydney Festival.
Your Name in Lights reflects the changing cult of celebrity in modern society and recalls Andy Warhol's prediction that in the future everyone will have their fifteen minutes of fame. Drawing on imagery from Broadway theatre displays and Hollywood films, this ambitious new work literally gives you a chance to get your name in lights.
REGISTER YOUR NAME NOW!
Kaldor Public Art Projects last collaborated with Sydney Festival in 1995 to realise their 10th project; Jeff Koons giant Puppy sculpted in flowers outside the Museum of Contemporary Art. Your Name in Lights, the 23rd Kaldor Public Art Project, will engage audiences in an entirely new way.
Find out more about John Baldessari, the 23rd Kaldor Public Art Project and all their projects at kaldorpublicarts.org.au or their Facebook page.
Your Name in Lights is proudly supported by Venue Partner, Australian Museum.
- 55° - eBay - 20% off Dell and Futu eBay stores using code COMP20 at the checkout. Excludes postage & gift cards. No min spend. Expires 27.02.2017
- 44° - Sunbeam Go Lunch Food Warmer for $14.95 at Harris Scarfe vs. up to $50 elsewhere
- 44° - COTD The BIG Stock Up SALE + buy 3 items and get free shipping (ends 26.02.2017) no code needed
- 39° - The Co-op - 40% off Dakine Backpacks (but also works on other Dakine products) with code DAKINE17. Free del over $50 spend.
- 39° - eBay - 10% off everything (excluding postage) at eBay when you use voucher code C10. Min $75 spend. Expires 02.03.2017