Computers & Electronics
Radio Parts - Power Meter for $14.95
The cost of electricity in Victoria went up recently. It was recently estimated that the cost of electricity in NSW will rise by up to 62 per cent, including inflation, over three years to 2013.
So, managing and minimising power usage can result in significant long term savings now and even more so in the future.
Just put this unit on the power point, and then plug an appliance into it and you can track very accurately how much power is being used over a period of time. Not only is it interesting to have this sort of info, this device can pay for itself very quickly when used - for example - to monitor power usage from appliances like fridges that can start to use lots of power due to damaged seals without you being aware of it.
Similar devices can now be found for around the $30 mark. The next cheapest I've seen is $20 at Jaycar. There are fancier devices out there, and ones that measure power from the power meter itself so can tell you how much power the entire house is using (eg Wattson), but they cost more and frankly this is generally good enough.
If you buy a lot of kit from Radio Parts you can also get a trade/frequent buyer card and get this device even cheaper! If you can't visit their store, if you order over $100(ex gst) and are in Metro Melb then delivery is free.
- 63° - Woolworths - latest 1/2 price weekly deals out now.
- 43° - 40% off all Skype Gift Cards at Woolworths (starts Wednesday)
- 40° - Under Armour Men's Charged Bandit 2 Running Shoes with Probikekit discount code for $87.99 delivered (vs. up to $179.99 elsewhere)
- 28° - eBay - $30 off $100 or more spend at Sportscraft, Saba, Jag, Sunglasshut, Boohoo, Citybeach, Styletread and much more. Minimum spend $100.
- 28° - Deus Ex Mankind Divided Day One Edition Steelbook edition for PS4 and XBox One for $23.99 at Ozgameshop