IKEA Online has been rolled out to all states in Australia, and it's now possible to have our beloved Swedish homewares delivered to our doors for as little as $9 for a regular package.
In all states but QLD, NT and TAS, that is.
While everyone can shop online at IKEA Australia now, home delivery is still restricted by area; customers in other regions will have to use Click & Collect and Collection Point services for their online IKEA shopping.
Hopefully not for too long, though.
This guide will help you understand how to shop at IKEA Online in Australia, and what shipping and collection options are available to your area.
IKEA Online Shopping
How to shop online at IKEA Australia:
Shopping online at IKEA requires little effort (the hardest part is not accidentally adding those ten things to your cart that you don't actually need!).
- Step 1: Search categories for your favourite items and click add to cart.
- Step 2: Click view shopping bag to confirm your items and quantities.
- Step 3: For delivery, enter your postcode; your delivery cost will be calculated and added to your order. If your product is not available for delivery, select your nearest store from the Click & Collect tab for the collection charges to be added to your order.
- Step 4: Click begin checkout to pay and complete your order.
How to check the status of an order:
Visit Track Your Order, and enter your order number to check the status of your purchases. This can be used for delivery and for collection orders.
IKEA Online Delivery & Collection
As mentioned above, online shopping at IKEA is available to people across all states of Australia, but unfortunately not ALL areas of the country are serviced by IKEA home delivery - yet!
See below to know whether your area is covered by home delivery, Click & Collect or Collection Point services.
IKEA Australia home delivery is available in these states:
(may not apply to all products and all regions)
IKEA In-Store Click & Collect is available at these stores:
- ACT - IKEA Canberra
- NSW - IKEA Tempe, Rhodes & Marsden Park
- VIC - IKEA Springvale & Richmond
- QLD - IKEA Logan & North Lakes
- SA - IKEA Adelaide
IKEA Collection Points are available in these areas:
IKEA Delivery Fee
Delivery fees vary according to the size and weight of your item, and where it is being shipped to. See below:
Parcel Delivery Fee:
- $9 to NSW, ACT, VIC, WA & SA
- Parcel must be under 14kg
- Maximum size: 110cm x 70cm x 50cm
Furniture Delivery Fee:
- Brisbane: $129
- Sydney: $49 (up to 40kg) or $69 (above 40kg)
- Canberra: $49 (up to 40kg) or $69 (above 40kg)
- Adelaide: $49 (up to 40kg) or $69 (above 40kg)
- Perth: $49 (up to 40kg) or $69 (above 40kg)
- Victoria: $49 (up to 40kg) or $69 (above 40kg)
IKEA Click & Collect Fees
Click & Collect and Collection Point fees also vary according to where you are, and the size of your order.
Fees range generally range from $20 - $40 for most eligible cities, but can extend to as much as $149 in Tasmania.
To see accurate charges for your area, head to the Click & Collect page and select your area from the drop-down menu.
Buying IKEA Gift Cards Online
IKEA Gift Cards making fabulous presents for almost anyone, and the good news is you can now buy them online.
- IKEA Gift Cards don't expire for three years
- IKEA Gift Cards can be used in 23 different countries!
- You can choose what credit amount you would like
- You can order IKEA Gift Cards online and have them delivered around Australia
- Click here for IKEA Gift Cards Online
(Note, there's a $4.50 shipping fee for all IKEA Gift Cards bought online, and IKEA Gift Cards can only be used for in-store purchases.)
IKEA Australia Online Catalogue
Is there anything better than curling up on the couch with the IKEA catalogue? Nah, course not! Here's how to get your hands on it:
Have you shopped at IKEA Online in Australia yet? What do you think? Leave us a comment below.