Want to know the dates of the next Big W toy sale, baby sale or Frenzy sale? Perhaps you'd just like to know what kinds of sales Big W has in its annual lineup of offers, and the deals to expect from each.
For answers to all your Big W sale questions, you're in the right place!
This sale guide tells you when key sales run at Big W throughout the year, so you'll know exactly when to stock up on toys, clothes, appliances, baby gear and must-haves for the home.
Big W is undoubtedly one of Australia's favourite department stores for essentials, and its sales often boast the very lowest prices around on popular items - so you don't want to miss them!
Keep this page handy, and enjoy those savings.
Current Sales & Events at Big W
The following deals end on 20th March, 2019:
- 20% off all Sunbeam appliances
- New-release fiction $16 (save at least 50%)
- 40% off Jaspa pillow range
- 20% off all nursery walkers, swings and bouncers
Don't forget to grab your FREE PICTURE BOOK at Big W now!
Big W Sale Dates 2019
- Big W Back-to-School Sale - January
- Big W Big Baby Sale - January
- Big W Frenzy Junior Sale - March
- Big W Mother's Day Sale - April/May
- Big W Frenzy Sale - May
- Big W Toy Sale - June
- Big W Frenzy Travel Sale - August
- Big W Father's Day Sale - August/September
- Big W Frenzy Sale, Black Friday Sale & Cyber Monday Sale - November
- Big W Boxing Day Sale - December
Use Big W Discount Codes!
If you want to save even more at Big W throughout the year, bookmark our Big W Coupons page - it's where you will find all current sales codes. Also, you'll want to keep tabs on the Big W Weekly Catalogue to stay up to speed with discounted items.
Big W Back-to-School Sale:
- Upcoming Sale: January 2020
Big W is something of a one-stop-shop when it comes to your back-to-school needs - uniforms, shoes, stationery, bags and even furniture is available, and at some of the lowest prices in the country.
Hot deals for 2018 include Smash value lunch packs for $8 (save $4), Brilliant Basics two-pack polo shirts just $5 (save $3), and A4 notebooks for just $0.49. A FREE Smash water bottle is on offer with every $30 spent on back-to-school gear, and there is a buy-on-get-one-free offer in play for kids' optical.
Big W Baby Sale:
- Upcoming Sale: January 2020
While there are baby bargains scattered throughout the year at Big W, the Big Baby Sale in February is considered the biggest. This is an event not to miss if you are preparing for the arrival of a new bub because this sale overs a wide range of products and categories, from big equipment like cots and strollers, to smaller items like toys and feeding accessories.
Top picks from the 2018 Big Baby Sale included:
- Bonds Zippies $12 (more than half price!)
- 20% Off Childcare "The Pod" Highchair
- 20% off Gro Eggs
- 30% Off Childcare Lullabye Bassinet
- 20% Off Childcare Carme Bassinet - Moon Mist
- 20% Off Ingenuity Power Adapt Portable Swing - Abernath
- 25% Off Steelcraft Holiday II Strollers
- 25% Off Brightstarts Toys
- 50% Off Tommee Tippee Feeding Sets
Big W Mother's Day Sale:
- Upcoming Sale: April/May 2019
Big W is always a favourite spot for Mother's Day gifts owing to the enormous range of affordable products - and around April/May each year, those mummy essentials get even cheaper. Traditionally we see women's apparel and a host of cosmetics brands reduced at this time.
The Big W Mother's Day Sale 2018 included 25% off knits, 30% off jeans, 40% off various brands of cosmetics and 20% off Michelle Bridges activewear.
Big W Frenzy Sale:
- Upcoming Sale: May 2019
Frenzy sales at Big W take place three times per year:
- "Frenzy Junior Sale" in March (kids' and babies' products)
- "Frenzy Sales" in May & November
The Big W Frenzy Sale in November 2018 included 20% off Barbie, LEGO, Nerf & Fisher-Price toys; and a massive $200 off the Dyson V6 Animal Extra Cordless Vacuum (sale price $249).
Big W Toy Sale:
- Upcoming Sale: June 2019
Like most other major retailers, Big W runs its key toy sale in the middle of the year, usually in June or July. When we say this is the "big" toy sale of the year, trust us - it's HUGE! In fact, the catalogue is usually over 10 pages long!
The Big W "Toy Mania" Sale in June 2018 included Fingerlings for just $12, Fur Real Munchin' Rex for just $59 (a saving of $20) and LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox for just $178 (a saving of $50). See our complete coverage of the Big W Toy Mania Sale.
Big W consistently has some of the hottest toys at the best prices at its annual toy sale, and it's one no parent should miss; this is the sale for stockpiling birthday and Christmas gifts for the kids in your life.
This sale tends to run for three weeks and you can lay-by for Christmas.
Big W Frenzy Travel Sale:
- Upcoming Sale: August, 2019
This FRENZY sale is dedicated entirely to travel, and at Big W you can score some great discounts on items like luggage, travel accessories and headphones. This sale is a great opportunity to get your hands on some very cute kids' travel gear at rock-bottom prices.
The Big W Frenzy Travel Sale in 2018 included Swiss Gear 57cm Hard Case Wheelaboard for just $48 (a saving of $12), Swiss Unicorn Soft Trolleycase for $20, and Moki Camo Heaphones for just $16.80 a pair.
Big W Father's Day Sale
- Upcoming Sale: August 2019
This sale takes place at the end of August, and aside from the Boxing Day events, it's the best sale of the year for scoring solid savings on men's apparel, electronics, toiletries, as well as health and fitness products.
The Big W 2018 Father's Day sale included:
- Men's Classic Volley Sneakers $30 (were $39)
- 40% Off Men's Bonds & Explorer Underwear
- 30% Off Boxing Equipment
- NEW Monopoly Holden Edition $49
- 20% Off DVD & Blu Ray Players
- $54 Off Fitbit Alta HR
- Up To $70 Off Google Home Products
- $180 Off Dyson V6 Animal Origin Handstick - Sprayed Blue
- 40% Off L'Oreal Men
Big W Black Friday Sale
- Upcoming Sale: 29th November, 2019
Black Friday is fast becoming the sale event of the year in Australia, and Big W is a key player in dishing out red hot deals, particularly in the areas of big-ticket items like gaming consoles, Dyson vacuums, new-release toys and kitchen appliances.
See our complete coverage of the Big W Black Friday Sale for 2018.
Top picks from black Friday 2018 included:
- 40% Off Bonds Underwear, Socks & Baby
- LOL Surprise Interactive Royal Kitty $29 (save $10) EXCLUSIVE!
- NEW Pokemon Power Action Pikachu $39 (was $59)
- Paw Patrol Mission Cruiser $45 (save $14)
- Fisher-Price Little People Friendly People Place $49 (save $20)
- Little Tikes Monster Dirt Digger $29 (save $30 - HALF PRICE)
- LEGO Batman App-Controlled Batmobile $119 (save $30)
- 25% Off Select Luggage
At Big W, Cyber Monday deals are almost always a continuation of Black Friday offers.
Big W Boxing Day Sale
- Upcoming Sale: 26th December, 2019
Like all major department stores in Australia, Big W is always involved in the Boxing Day Sale extravaganza. It's the opportunity for the store to clear excess Christmas stock, and for customers to revel in up to 50% off big name brands and home essentials.
Expect to see a huge range of half-price deals (including toys), as well as heavily reduced apparel, and significant reductions on big-ticket items like Dyson vacuums.
Big W Dyson Sale
Big W stocks a small range of Dyson vacuums, but is often the place to find the best deals and highest discounts. Savings of up to $200 can occur regularly throughout the year, so it's important to check the weekly catalogue to be in the know.
Big W Photos
Big W Photos is your place to print photos, create canvases, personalise products and organise gifts for those hard-to-buy-for people in your life. Online coupons can save you a lot of cash, and also help with choosing the perfect item for the occasion.
Big W Catalogue
Big W's fortnightly catalogues are the quickest and easiest way to see exactly what is on sale at this store at any time. (There is currently no dedicated SALE page on the website.)
Big W Online Shopping Tips:
- Subscribe! Sign up to the Big W newsletter to make sure you're receiving news first, and can get to those bargains before they sell out - which does happen!
- Check out the catalogue! Big W's website doesn't have a dedicated SALE section, rather sale items are buried within subject categories. For this reason, you really need to read the weekly (or fortnightly) catalogue to be abreast of all current offers.
- Buy apparel and accessories in bulk. Big W currently offers FREE shipping on apparel, footwear and accessories over $50, so stock up on essentials to avoid shipping costs.
- Use the product pick-up service. If you live relatively close to a Big W store, you can buy goods online and pick them up in store to avoid shipping fees. (Eligible items only.)
Big W Shopping Questions Answered:
How much does delivery cost at Big W?
Standard delivery is $7.90 for online orders within metro areas. Apparel, footwear and accessory orders above $50 are delivered FREE, and electronic games, DVDs and books are shipped for $3.90.
Note that regional or remote areas can incur higher shipping fees of up to $15.90.
Does Big W have Click & Collect?
Yes, and it's an easy way to save on shipping cost. In-store collection is FREE, and only applicable to items in stock at the selected store. (Big W does not currently transfer items for Click & Collect.)
What is the Big W return policy?
Big W has a "no fuss" return policy which makes it easy to return most items provided you have your receipt and items are in their original, unused condition. This includes faulty items and change-of-mind purchases.
Items that cannot be returned include swimwear, underwear and hosiery, prepaid vouchers, mobile phones and SIMs, cosmetics, fragrances and bedding accessories. Check out the full Big W returns policy.
Does Big W have AfterPay?
Sure does! AfterPay can be used for purchases between $79 and $1200. See more on Afterpay.
Can I earn and redeem Woolworths Reward Points at Big W?
You certainly can earn points. If you have a Woolworths Rewards Card, make sure you swipe it to earn one point for every dollar spent. Bear in mind you can only redeem Woolworths Rewards at BWS stores and Woolies supermarkets, not at Big W stores.