Amazon Australia: Coming Soon
- When Will Amazon Australia Launch?
- What Will be on Sale at Amazon Australia?
- Free shipping from Amazon Australia with Amazon Prime and Amazon Fresh
- Amazon Australia Discount Codes and How to Use Them
Jeff Bezos and the Amazon team have recently announced they will be setting up warehouses and retail stores in Australia.
Until now, the Amazon Australia site has been limited to offering only Kindle and Fire eBook readers, compatible eBooks, Audible audio books, Android apps, and Amazon Drive, an online storage service for your files, video, photos, and more.
With the new location in Australia, what extra features and discounts should Australians expect to get?
A specific date has not been set in stone, however, Amazon has said they hope to be fully operational by 2018. Their first warehouse is expected to be in either Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane.
The US and UK are the best examples of the major difference having an Amazon warehouse can have on one's shopping experience, and what Australians should anticipate receiving.
On top of what Amazon Australia currently provides, Australians will likely have access to most or all of the following product categories:
- Movies, music, and games – either downloadable or on discs such as DVD and Blu-ray
- Electronics, computers, and office supplies
- Echo and Alexa products
- Clothing, Shoes, Jewellery, and fashion for men, women, children, and babies
- Sports and outdoor apparel and equipment
- Home and garden decor and tools
- Skin care, make-up, and other health and beauty accessories
- Tires, GPS, and other car and motorcycle parts and accessories
- Toys and gift registry
- Food and grocery shopping (read the section on Amazon Go for more details)
- Trade services like house cleaning, plumbing, electrical, and more
Like the US and UK, whatever products and services Amazon decides to provide in Australia, you can expect them at greatly discount prices, usually around 30 per cent cheaper than the competition.
Right now, ordering anything from Amazon that isn't offered locally is difficult, time-consuming, and quite expensive. With an Amazon warehouse in Australia, no matter where it is, Amazon Prime should become available to all Australians. It's a membership service that gives you:
- Free two-day shipping
- Access to Amazon Prime Video, their massive library of movies and TV shows
- Access to Prime Now Music, their music streaming service
- A library of ebooks you can rent for your Kindle
- Food delivery in major cities from your favourite restaurants
In the US, Amazon Prime is just $99 a year, and for an extra $15, you can upgrade to Amazon Fresh. This service allows people in major cities to order all of your groceries online and have them delivered to you within a few hours. Whether or not this will be available to Australians by 2018 is still unsure. If it is, it is likely Amazon Go will follow soon after, which is a physical grocery store that allows you to walk in, take what you need, and leave without any check outs necessary. It's an incredible service you should definitely read more about.
Now that you'll soon have access to everything Amazon has to offer, it's important you know how to take advantage of their great sales, vouchers, and discount codes.
If you don't know where you get vouchers and discount codes for Amazon Australia, Buckscoop takes the best ones and uploads on this very page.
After you've got a code, simple load up your cart, click the shopping cart in the top right-hand corner, click checkout, and then there will be a "Gift cards & promotional codes" section next to your billing information for you to apply your codes.