Target sales are constant throughout the year, but there some key events such as the Target Toy Sale and the Target Black Friday sale where you stand to save even more than at other times of the year. This sale calendar will help you to pinpoint those major sale events, mark them in the diary, and save some cash!
In this post, we're looking at the big annual sales at Target. For flash sales and offers, make sure you keep tabs on the fortnightly Target catalogue and sign-up to the Target mailing list.
Current Sales at Target
Target Sales Dates
- Target Easter Sale - March/April
- Target Mother's Day Sale - May
- Target Toy Sale - June/July NOW LIVE
- Target Father's Day Sale - September
- Target Black Friday Sale - November
- Target Cyber Monday Sale - November
- Target Boxing Day Sale - December
Target Sales Coupons
Check out our dedicated Target Coupon Page for all current offers at this favourite retailer. It's also a handy spot to visit for a quick overview of what's on offer at Target at any given time.
Target Easter Sale
Target's annual Easter catalogue sale is always a big one, and a great chance to stock up not just on chocolate, but on apparel, toys and gifts. The sale usually runs for one week, wrapping up just after Easter.
Upcoming Target Easter Sale:
- 2019: around 11th April for one week
Previous Target Easter Sale:
- 2018: 28th March - 4th April
- Sale included: 40% off L'oreal, 30% off cosmetics, Xbox One S Console 500GB Bundle for $329 (was $399), two for $8 on chocolate egg bags, 20% off Catch of the Day gift cards and more.
Target Mother's Day Sale
Target's Mother's Day sale is always popular for items like pyjamas and slippers as we head into cooler weather. Look out for great deals on books, appliances and cosmetics at this one as well.
Upcoming Target Mother's Day Sale:
- 2019: around 2nd May for one week
Previous Target Mother's Day Sale:
- 2018: 10th - 16th May
- Sale included: women's flannelette pyjamas $20, new-season gowns $39, $21 off Fitbit Alta HR, 20% off JBL Headphones, $20 off six-speed retro bike, 30% off Nivea skincare, $30 Off Nutribullet nine-piece set, two for $30 on select books.
Target Toy Sale
Target has smaller toy sales throughout the entire year as part of catalogue sales, but the mid-year toy-specific event is always the biggest and the best! Expect to see cracking offers on new and big-brand toys, gaming, electronics and outdoor goods. (Target has a best-price guarantee for toys sold in-store.)
Target Toy Sale 2018 NOW LIVE:
- 2018: 28th June - 18th July - Click here for full details
- Sale includes: 20% off LEGO, NEW Fingerlings BFF $20 (exclusive), $20 Off L.O.L Big Surprise, $20 Off Hatchimals Mystery Eggs, board games $25, 20% off Fisher-Price, $20 off Paw Patrol Sea Patrol Sub Patroller, $40 off Thomas & Friends Super Station and more.
Previous Target Toy Sale:
- 2017: 29th June - 19th July
- Sale included: 20% off LEGO, 20% off board games & puzzles, 50% off Star Wars toys, 20% off Pokemon, $20 off Hatchimals Pengualas/Draggles, kids' costumes $25, XBox One S Bundle with Stan $269, 20% off XBox Live cards, two for $20 DVDs, 20% off Crayola and more.
Target Father's Day Sale
Target's Father's Day catalogue sale usually runs for two weeks from the end of August. We typically see great deals on men's apparel, fitness gear and electronics at this time.
Upcoming Father's Day Sale:
- 2018: around 23rd August for two weeks
Previous Father's Day Sale:
- 2017: 24th August - 6th September
- Sale included: $65 off Fitbit Alta, $30 off Navman GPS, XBox One S 500GB Bundle $359, PS4 1TB Bundle $529, 40% off Braun shavers, 50% off Oral B power brushes, 40% off select toiletries, 40% off men's Bonds apparel and more.
Target Black Friday Sale
Black Friday has become THE sale of the year for many Australian retailers, and Target is no exception. In fact, come Black Friday, Target has become renowned for having some of the hottest deals on gaming consoles and software in the country!
Upcoming Black Friday Sale:
- 2018: Friday 23rd November
Previous Black Friday Sale:
- 2017: 24th - 27th November
- Sale included: Four-day Gaming Sale with PS4 500GB $299 (save $100), PS4 VR Bundle $399 (save $150), up to 50% off gaming software, XBox One 500GB $259 (save $50), 20% off DVDs and books, $200 Off Canon EOS Digital SLR Camera, $50 off Fitbit Alta HR and more.
Target Cyber Monday Sale
With a focus on massive gaming and electronic deals, Target runs one four-day event across Black Friday and Cyber Monday, rather than two individual sales.
Cyber Monday falls on Monday 26th November in 2018, but we on the lookout for those must-have buys from Black Friday on 23rd November onward - some goodies can sell out.
Target Boxing Day Sale
Target's Boxing Day sale is famous for offering superb deals on bedding and appliances - with summer toys deals and school holiday boredom busters thrown in for good measure. It's also a fabulous opportunity to grab some seriously cheap Christmas decorations!
This sale event typically extends from Boxing Day on the 26th December until just after the new year.
Upcoming Boxing Day Sale:
- 2018: 26th December for one week
Previous Boxing Day Sale:
- 2017: 26th December - 3rd January
- Sale included: 50% off all Tontine, 20% off Russell Hobbs & Sunbeam, 20% off DVDs and books, 50% off Sistema Klip-It range, 15% off select personal care brands, 50% off Mother's Choice Allure Carseat, 50% off select Paw Patrol playsets, select board games $8, PS4 500GB bundle $289 (save $110) and more.
Target Clearance Sale
Target has a on-going clearance sale both in-store and online. In-store, look out for the yellow clearance banners; you'll find discounted stock bundled together on racks in each department. The online clearance sale includes items from baby products and toys, to apparel and homewares.
Further 50% off "Last Chance" Clearance Stock:
Occasionally Target halves the price of everything in the "Last Chance" category of clearance, and this is the time to pick up some crazy-good deals - like $1 flip-flops for the kids! Keep tabs on the Target website and social pages for the heads-up on Target clearance sales.
Target Makeup Sale
Target's best cosmetic sales usually include 40% off big brands like L'Oreal, Revlon, Rimmel, Maybelline and more. These events are extremely popular, and it's when many of us stock up on our favourite shades and sets.
Cosmetic offers occur frequently throughout the year, and your best chance of catching them is to subscribe to the Target newsletter (at the bottom of the homepage) so that you are first to know when those hot offers drop.
Target Australia Shopping Tips
- Use Click & Collect to save on postage! Target offers in-store Click & Collect for orders over $20 - and it's pretty easy to spend at least that at Target!
- Group your purchases to score FREE shipping. Orders over $80 are entitled to FREE shipping in Australia, so if getting to a store is difficult for you, group those purchases together to reach the $80 minimum and get it shipped to your door - free!
- Use Afterpay to pay your order in instalments. Afterpay is a godsend for people who want to spread out their payments for online orders. With Afterpay you can pay four equal instalments, two weeks apart.
- Don't forget to scan and link your Flybuys card! Purchases at Target earn Flybuys points, including online purchases, and they count towards some awesome goods and vouchers at leading retailers.
- Raincheck those hot offers. All advertised offers can be rainchecked for a later, more convenient time (unless otherwise stated), so if now's not the best time to buy, raincheck it!
- Use in-store lay-by to pay your order over two months. Target offers lay-by for orders over $40. You have eight weeks to pay the order, and need to make a 10% deposit at the time of placing the order. (Note, extended lay-bys are usually offered for the Christmas period.)
- Sign up for Target e-News to stay in the loop! Click here to sign up to the newsletter.