Whether you want to know what to expect from the Big W toy sale, the dates for the next Big W Black Friday sale, or just an overview of the best Big W sales in 2018, you're in the right place.
We've put together a sale calendar to help you keep track of when sales are running at Big W and the kinds of offers you can expect to find. This way you'll know exactly when to stock up on toys, clothes, baby gear and must-haves for the home.
Big W is undoubtedly one of Australia's favourite department stores for essentials, and its sales often boast the best prices around on popular items - so you don't want to miss them!
Current Sales & Events at Big W
19th July - 5th August, 2018:
- 40% off Bonds
- More than 40% off select bestselling fiction
- 40% off L'Oreal, Revlon, Maybelline, Thin Lizzy & Nude By Nature
- NEW LEGO Friends Sets reduced
- 20% off select House & Home products
- 50% off select Vidal Sassoon Hair Styling products
- $20 off Fitbit Charge 2
Big W 2018 Coupons
If you want to save even more at Big W throughout the year, bookmark our Big W Coupons page - it's where you will find all current sales codes. Also, you'll want to keep tabs on the Big W Weekly Catalogue to stay up to speed with discounted items.
Big W Sale Dates 2018
- February - Big Baby Sale
- March - Frenzy Junior Sale
- April/May - Mother's Day Sale
- May - Frenzy Sale
- June - Annual Toy Sale NOW LIVE
- November - Frenzy Sale, Black Friday Sale & Cyber Monday Sale
- December - Boxing Day Sale
Big W Baby Sale
While there are baby bargains scattered throughout the year at Big W, the Big Baby Sale in February is considered the big one. This is an event not to miss if you are preparing for the arrival of a new bub because this sale overs a wide range of products and categories.
Upcoming Baby Sale:
- 2019: to be confirmed, but we expect it to fall in early February
Previous Baby Sale Dates:
- 2018: 2nd - 14th February (Big Baby Sale)
- 2017: 2nd February - 15th February (Big Baby Sale)
Mother's Day Sale
Big W is always a favourite spot for Mother's Day gifts owing to the enormous range of affordable products - and around April/May each year, those mummy essentials get even cheaper. Traditionally we see women's apparel and a host of cosmetics brands reduced at this time.
Upcoming Mother's Day sale:
- 2019: April/May
Previous Mother's Day Sale:
- 2018: 26th April - 23rd May - 25% off women's knitwear
- 2018: 26th April - 13th May - 20% off Michelle Bridges women's activewear
- 2018: 10th - 23rd May - 30% off women's jeans
- 2018: 26th April - 10th May - 40% off L'Oreal, Nude by Nature & Maybelline
Big W Frenzy Sales
Frenzy sales at Big W take place three times per year. The Frenzy Junior sale in March focusses on kids' and babies' fashion, toys and equipment. Frenzy Mayhem and Frenzy sales, in May and November respectively, involve a much broader spread of retailers, and typically have a big focus on fashion and home goods.
Upcoming Frenzy Sales:
- 2018: 13th November at 7 p.m.
- 2019: March (Frenzy Junior)
Previous Frenzy Sales:
- 2018: 15th May (Frenzy Sale)
- Sale included: 25% off toys, Dyson V6 Absolute $399 (save $200), 20% off JVC, Nintendo Switch Neon $399, Dyson AM06 Cool 30cm Desk Fan White $299 (save $100), 25% off men's and women's thermals, 40% off Moki headphones, up to 50% off womenswear, 50% of kids' Emerson & B Collection briefs, 30% off kids' sport shoes, 50% off women's jeggings.
- 2018: 20th March (Frenzy Junior Sale):
- Sale included: 40% off Bonds, 50% off Emerson underwear, 25% off licensed apparel, at least 50% off select board games, 50% off bikes, 25% off LEGO & toys, 50% off Dymples terry coveralls.
- 2017: 14th November (Frenzy Sale):
- Sale included: 50% off kids' denim 1964, 30% off Hot Wheels, Barbie & Nerf, 40% off Dyson Animal Handheld Vacuum.
Big W Annual Toy Sale
Australia's major toy and department stores all hold their biggest toy sale of the year at around the middle of the year in June - and when we say big, it's HUGE! (The catalogue is usually over 100 pages long!)
Big W consistently has some of the hottest toys at the best prices at its annual toy sale, and it's one no parent should miss. This sale tends to run for three weeks and you can lay-by for Christmas at this one.
Upcoming Toy Sale:
Previous Annual Toy Sales:
- 2018: 18th June - 11th July "Toy Mania:
- Sale included: Fingerlings Monkeys $12, FurReal Munchin' Rex $59 (save $20), Hatchimals CollEGGtibles Nursery Playset $29 (save $10), LEGO Disney Princess Cinderella's Dream Castle 41154 $79 (save $20), LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox 17101 $178 (save $50), Paw Patrol My Size Lookout Tower $149 (save $50), Barbie Cruise Ship $129 (save $20), Crate Creatures $34.50 and more.
- 2017: 22nd June - 12th July "Total Toy Domination":
- Sale included: 70% Off My Monopoly, 60% Off select Peppa Pig Toys, 50% off select Star Wars, Nerf, Hot Wheels, Mega Bloks, Toy Story, LeapFrog and Monster High toys, 50% off Fisher-Price Smart Stages Chairs, 50% off LeapFrog software, 40% off select Ben & Holly's toys, board games $25 each, Xbox One Assassins Creed Bundle + Batman Arkham Knight $474, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare XB1 or PS4 $49, Xbox 360 4GB Bundle + Minecraft $148, PS4 Console Bundle $398.
Big W Black Friday Sale
Black Friday is fast becoming the sale event of the year in Australia, and Big W is a key player in dishing out red hot deals, particularly in the areas of big-ticket items like gaming consoles, Dyson vacuums and other appliances.
Upcoming Black Friday Sale:
- 2018: Friday 23rd November
Previous Black Friday Sale:
- 2017: Friday 24th November
- Sale included: PlayStation 4 500GB Slim Console Jet Black $279 ($120 off), Big W - XBox One S + Forza Horizon 3 $269, Little Tikes Cozy Coupe $98 ($30 off), LeapPad Ultimate - Green $159 ($40 off), Call Of Duty WWII $64 ($79 off), FIFA 18 $54 ($79 off), Viano 65" Smart UHD 4K TV $799 ($200 off), iPhone 8 64GB $1069, Canon Powershot SX430 IS Digital Camera $269 ($70 off), 50% off all Jamie Oliver Cookware.
Big W Boxing Day Sale
Like all major department stores in Australia, Big W is always involved in the Boxing Day Sale extravaganza. It's the opportunity for the store to clear excess Christmas stock, and for customers to revel in up to 50% off big name brands and home essentials. Again, this is a sale that tends to extend for a few weeks.
Upcoming Boxing Day Sale:
- 2018: 26th December
Previous Boxing Day Sales:
- 2017: 27th December - 10th January:
- Sale included: 50% Off Russell Hobbs Toaster & Kettle Vintage Collection, 50% Off Tontine Bedding, 50% Off Tefal Cookware, 50% Off Decor Food Storage, 50% Off Sistema Food Storage, 40% Off Jaspa Pillows, 30% Off Pyrex Glassware, 30% Off Wiltshire Cookware, 20% Off TVs, 20% Off Bikes, 50% Off Revlon/Nude By Nature/Maybelline, 30% Off Disney Cars Toys, 50% Off Despicable Me Toys, Up To 40% Off Apparel For the Family, 50% off Christmas Trees and Decorations.
Big W Dyson Sales
Big W stocks a small range of Dyson vacuums, but is often the place to find the best deals and highest discounts. Savings of up to $200 can occur regularly throughout the year, so it's important to check the weekly catalogue.
Recent Dyson sales:
- 2018: 28th May - Dyson V6 Absolute $399 (save $200)
- 2018: 9th February - Dyson V6 Slim Origin $289 delivered ($399 off)
- 2018: 14th January - Dyson V6 Animal Origin Handstick - $349 ($180 off)
Big W Photos:
Big W Photos is your place to print photos, create canvases, personalise products and organise gifts for those hard-to-buy-for people in your life. Online coupons can save you a lot of cash, and also help with choosing the perfect item for the occasion. Coupons for Big W Photos can be found here.
Big W Shopping Hacks:
- Subscribe! Sign up to the BIg W newsletter to make sure you're receiving news first, and can get to those bargains before they sell out - which does happen!
- Check out the catalogue! Big W's website doesn't have a dedicated SALE section, rather sale items are buried within subject categories. For this reason, you really need to read the weekly (or fortnightly) catalogue to be abreast of all current offers.
- Buy apparel and accessories in bulk. Big W currently offers FREE shipping on apparel, footwear and accessories over $80, so stock up on essentials to avoid shipping costs.
- Use in-store lay-by. Lay-by is a great way to spread out your purchase cost, and layby can be utilised at Big W for any purchase over $50. (Repayments have to be made at the store the layby was set up.)
- Use the product pick-up service. If you live relatively close to a Big W store, you can buy goods online and pick them up in store to avoid shipping fees. (Eligible items only.)
Big W FAQs:
How much does delivery cost at Big W?
Standard delivery is $9.90 for online orders within metro areas. Apparel, footwear and acccessory orders above $80 are delivered FREE, and electronic games, DVDs and books are shipped for $5. See full delivery guidelines.
What is the Big W return policy?
Big W has a "no fuss" return policy which makes it easy to return most items provided you have your receipt and items are i their original, unused condition. This includes both faulty items and change-of-mind purchases. Items that cannot be returned include swimwear, underwear and hosiery, prepaid vouchers, mobile phones and SIMs, cosmetics, fragrances and bedding accessories. Check out the full returns policy.
Does Big W have AfterPay?
Sure does! AfterPay can be used for purchases between $79 and $1200. See full AfterPay details.
Can I earn and redeem Woolworths Reward Points at Big W?
You certainly can earn points. If you have a Woolworths Rewards Card, make sure you swipe it to earn one point for every dollar spent. Bear in mind you can't redeem Woolworths Rewards at Big W at this stage, though. Woolworths rewards can only be redeemed at Woolworths and BWS stores.