Wondering how long you have left to order gifts and goodies online with guaranteed Christmas delivery?
We've put all the dates in one place for you.
Christmas is approaching fast, and for many of us, online shopping is the only way to take care of that mile-long gift list.
Our shipping guide below points out the final dates by which you will need to place orders at popular Australian stores in order to receive your items before Christmas.
So, if you've left everything to the last minute and are relying on online store to be your saviour this Christmas, keep this page handy.
There have been quite a lot of delays with deliveries over recent weeks as a result of weather conditions and high levels of Black Friday orders. It's possible that this could add extra time to Christmas deliveries, so we highly recommend allowing a buffer of at least two or three extra days to any store's shipping deadline just in case.
Cut-Off Dates For Christmas Delivery
- Target - Christmas delivery now closed.
- Myer - Metro VIC, NSW, SA and QLD should order by 18th December for standard delivery. WA and regional areas should order by the 16th December.
- David Jones - Order by 18th December for standard delivery, or 21st December for same-day delivery.
- Big W - Orders for metro areas should be placed by 14th December, and orders for regional areas by the 11th December.
- Kmart - Order by 14th December for metro areas, and 10th December for all other areas.
- Harris Scarfe - Orders should be placed by 16th December.
- Best & Less - Metro orders for VIC and QLD should be placed by 17th December, NSW by 18th December, SA by 14th December, TAS by 13th December, and NT by 12th December.
Food & Liquor:
- Woolworths - Delivering until Christmas Eve. Order by 6pm for next-day delivery. Deliveries are made seven days a week.
- Dan Murphy's - For metro addresses, have orders in by 17th December, and regional orders should be placed by 12th December. Anything being sent direct from the supplier needs to be ordered by 9th December.
Fashion & Accessories:
- Showpo - Express shipping is standard at Showpo. Order by 20th December for Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Adelaide; and by 17th December for all other parts of Australia.
- ASOS - Order by 12th December for standard delivery, and 18th December for express.
- Missguided - Order by 12th December for standard delivery, and 18th December for express.
- Bonds - Orders for metro areas should be placed by 16th December. (The Christmas cut-off date for personalised items has passed.)
- Boohoo - Order by 11th December for standard shipping, and 14th December for express.
- Portmans - Order by 15th December for standard shipping and 16th December for express.
- Just Jeans - Order by 15th December for standard shipping and 16th December for express.
- Mimco - All orders should be placed by 16th December.
- Surfstitch - All orders are sent via express shipping. For delivery to metro areas, order by 21st December, and regional areas by 18th December.
- Princess Polly - Order should be placed no later than 21st December.
Toys & Gifts:
- Toy Universe - Orders for metro NSW should be placed by 20th December, VIC by 19th December, SA by the 18th December, WA and TAS by the 17th December, and NT by the 14th December.
- Smiggle - Order by 16th December for standard delivery and 17th December for express.
- Toy Galaxy - Orders for Sydney addresses should be placed by 18th December, for Melbourne and Brisbane by 17th December, all of SA by the 12th December, and WA, NT and TAS by 10th December.
- Mighty Ape - Orders need to be placed by 20th December for express shipping.
- Kidstuff - Orders for Sydney should be placed by 16th of December, Melbourne and QLD by 12th of December.
- Rebel Sport - Metro orders should be placed by 18th December. (Note, each location can vary, so check closer at Rebel.)
- JD Sports - Orders should be placed by 13th December.
- Converse - Metro orders should be placed by 11am on 20th December, and regional orders by 11am on the 18th December.
Health & Beauty:
- Chemist Warehouse - Metro orders for QLD, NSW and TAS should be placed by 16th December, metro VIC by the 17th December, metro WA by the 12th December and metro NT by the 13th December.
Books & Gifts:
- Book Depository - Australian orders dispatched from the UK should be placed by 10th December.
- Booktopia - In-stock items (with a Santa symbol on them) should be ordered by 13th December for NT, SA, WA and other non-metro areas. Metro orders for ACT, TAS, VIC, NSW and QLD should be placed by 16th December.
- Dymocks - For items that dispatch on the next business day, you need to place the order by 10th December for standard shipping, and 17th December for express.
- Wordery - Order for Australia need to be placed by 4th December.
Electronics, Gaming & Office:
- Officeworks - Order by 21st December for metro delivery.
- The Good Guys - Order by 14th December for metro delivery.
- Harvey Norman - Order by Sunday 16th December for metro delivery.
- EB Games - Order by 12th December for WA and NT, 13th December for TAS and SA, and 14th December for VIC, NSW and QLD.
Marketplaces & Lifestyle:
- Amazon Australia - For third-party sellers, make sure you check each product page for delivery expectations. Prime members get two-day delivery on eligible items, and should aim to have orders in by 20th December for Christmas delivery.
- eBay Australia - Each listing will vary, so read individual ETAs carefully. It's a good idea to switch on the "delivery guarantee" toggle, when you search. This will refine your search results to only items that are delivered within three business days.