If you're a Netflix addict, and getting a little fed up with seeing the same content recommendations popping up on your profile all the time, pay attention! Netflix has a mass of secret codes that can open up the doors to more entertainment than you ever knew possible. There are literally hundreds of categories in the list, and we've sifted through them all to find you the ones you need to know about.
How To Use Netflix Secret Codes
Firstly, a brief explanation about how to use these codes:
- Log into your Netflix account on your desktop computer (you will need your email and password)
- In the web address field, type the following URL: https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/, and add the code you wish to view at the end of it. For example: https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/67673
Best Secret Netflix Codes For Kids:
- Disney: 67673 (includes Moana, Pocahontas and Finding Nemo)
- Movies For Ages 3 to 4: 6218 (includes Care Bears, Thomas & Friends and The Wiggles)
- Movies For Ages 5 to 7: 5455 (includes LEGO Batman Movie, Barbie Dolphin Magic, BFG)
- Movies For Ages 8 to 10: 561 (includes The Incredibles, E.T, Monster House)
- Movies For Ages 11 to 12: 6962 (includes Close Encounters of the Third Kind and The Goonies)
- Education For Kids: 10659 (includes Mister Maker, Hi5 and Sesame Street)
- Movies Based On Children's Books: 10056 (includes Paddington, Matilda and The Little Price)
- Animal Tales: 5507 (includes Puss in Boots, Madagascar and Bee Movie)
- Family Features: 51056 (includes Beauty and the Beast, Charlotte's Web and The Sound of Music)
- Kids' TV Shows: 27346 (includes Trolls, Dragons Race To The Edge and Goosebumps)
Best Secret Netflix Codes For Adults:
- Australian Films: 5230 (includes Hawke, The Saphires and Mad Max Fury Road)
- Classic Dramas: 29809 (includes Stand By Me, A Few Good Men, Schindler's List)
- Romantic Comedies: 5475 (includes Silver Linings Playbook and Vicki Christina Barcelona)
- Classic Comedies: 31694 (includes Witches of Eastwick and Groundhog Day)
- Action, Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 1568 (includes The Hunger Games, The Dark Knight, The Fifth Element)
- Action Thrillers: 43048 (includes The Revenant, John Wick 2 and Shooter)
- Courtroom Thrillers: 80 (includes The Firm, High Crimes and Devil's Advocate)
- Spy Action & Adventure: 10702 (inlcudes Inglourious Basterds, The Tourist and Eagle Eye)
- Slapstick Comedies: 10256 (includes Zoolander, Police Academy and Happy Gilmore)
- Art House Movies: 29764 (includes By The Sea and The Danish Girl)
How do I join Netflix?
You can sign up to Netflix using any device, even your Smart TV. You'll need an email address, password and credit card details.
There are three plans for Australians to choose from, and your first month is FREE under each plan:
- Basic Plan (one screen, standard definition) $9.99 per month
- Standard Plan (two screens, standard definition) $13.99 per month
- Premium Plan (two screens, HD / UHD 4K where available) $17.99 per month
What is the Netflix cancellation policy?
You can cancel Netflix anytime you like at no extra cost, regardless of your plan. Plans are paid in advance, so if you cancel your account with time still left in your billing cycle, you can continue to stream until the end of the billing period.
How Much Data Do I Need For Netflix?
Streaming on Netflix uses between 1 and 3 GB of data per hour, depending on whether you are watching standard definition or HD, so the amount of data you'll require need really depends on two things: your viewing habits (are you a binge watcher?) and the quality of the output.
If you plan on watching both seasons of Stranger Things in one sitting, followed closely by House of Cards, and don't want data hassles getting in your way, unlimited broadband is your best bet.
If you're more likely to watch just an episode each evening, allow at least 100 GB per month.
Can I control what my kids watch on Netflix?
Definitely. You can either set up a child's profile under "Manage Profiles", and set a classification level for that child's profile, or for more rigid controls, you can set up a pin which is required to view any content above a certain classification. See more details on parental controls here.