If you haven't already joined Prime, hop to it, because Amazon Prime Day Australia is running across July 15th and 16th, and members will be able to score epic deals with FREE local and international shipping, and catch some of the world's biggest pop stars in live Prime entertainment.
Not a member yet? Sign up to Amazon Prime Australia and start your FREE 30-day trial. (The cost is $6.99 per month thereafter, but you can cancel at any time you like.)
Best Amazon Prime Day Australia Deals
Lightning Deals are listed with a timer, so you only have a specific window to snaffle that deal. Lightning Deals are available for preview before they go live, and you'll know exactly how long you have until the sale on that item begins. These can sell fast, so keep your eyes on them!
Prime Day Deals
Prime Day Deals run for the duration of Amazon Prime Day (July 15th and 16th) and are labelled with a blue banner. Sometimes discounts are already applied, other times they are applied at the checkout.
Kids' Gear & Toys:
- 40% Off Hasbro Games
- 40% Off Select Transformers Toys
- Barbie Dream House $175 (was $199 - discount applied at checkout)
- Monopoly Fortnite $16 (was $28 - discount applied at checkout)
- 20% Off My Little Pony
- Up to 40% Off Select Games
- 25% Off Select Thomas & Friends Toys
- 20% Off LEGO - Includes Toy Story
- Up to 40% Off Pampers Nappies
- Huggies Dry Nites $10 shipped
- BEABA Babycook Solo Macaron Food Processor, Aquamarine Blue $163.25 (was $272.09 - discount applied at checkout)
- 25% Off VTech Baby Monitors
- 25% Off Cherub Baby Thermometer
- 30% Off Goodbaby Qbit+ Stroller
- 30% Off Select Tommee Tippee Accessories
Fashion & Footwear:
- Up to 60% Off Men's Tommy Hilfiger Clothing
- Up to 50% Off Skechers for Men & Women
- Up to 50% Off Lorna Jane Activewear
- 50% Off Van Heusen Business Shirts
- Up to 60% Off Calvin Klein
- Up to 50% Off Adidas
- Up to 50% Off Nike
Health & Beauty:
- Up to 45% Off Big-Brand Cosmetics and Skincare
- 30% Off Remington Tribeca Collection
- 50% Off Select Haircare Products
- Pre-Order Nintendo Switch Light $298 (usually $329) Releases September 2019
- NEW" PS4 Pro 1TB Console Fortnite Neo Versa Bundle + 2000 V-Bucks $399 (was $515)
- Up to 50% Off Select Gaming Laptops & Accessories
- Up to 40% Off Household Cleaning Essentials - Includes Pine O Clean & Fairy
- Up to 50% Off DeLonghi Coffee Machines
- 30% Off Phillips Airfryers
- 25% Off Le Creuset Cast-Iron Pots
- 25% Off Select Joseph & Joseph Cutting Boards
Outdoor & Lifestyle:
Amazon Prime Day Deals on Amazon Devices:
- Amazon Echo Plus 4th Generation $49 (was $99)
- Amazon Echo Spot - Smart Alarm Clock with Alexa - White $129 (was $199)
- Amazon Fire Stick TV $49 (was $69)
- Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation $39 (was $79)
- Kindle Oasis E-reader (Previous Gen 32 GB, Free 3G + Wi-Fi $399 (was $529)
- Amazon All-New Echo Show (2nd gen) $249 (was $399)
Amazon Prime Day Early Offers:
- Amazon Music - Get 4 months for $0.99 (new subscribers only)
- Further 10% off select books for Prime members
- Kindle Unlimited - Get 3 months FREE (ends 31st July)
- Free expedited shipping on Amazon Global Store (ends (ends 21st July)
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an annual two-day sale event that includes some of the hottest online deals on the planet, as well as as live entertainment.
Think of it like a supersized Black Friday, but with a membership requirement.
Amazon Prime deals are exclusive to Prime members, so the first step in getting involved in this global sale mania is to subscribe on the Australian platform.
Amazon Prime membership is free for 30 days, and $6.99 per month thereafter - and it's a red-hot offer for a membership package that includes not only free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible products, but gives you access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Prime Video (Amazon's own streaming service), as well as Twitch Prime benefits for gamers.
When is Amazon Prime Day Australia?
Prime Day runs across Monday July 15th and 16th this year. Sales kick off at 00.01 AEST.
But it gets even better for us Aussies.
Amazon has announced that, fot the first time ever, Australians will score an additional 17 hours of US deals via the Amazon Global Store in Australia. That means we get a total of 65 hours to shop ourselves silly.
This will be the longest Prime Day yet, and unlike fleeting 24-hour sales where impulsive buys are common amid the frenzy, this extended event gives members extra time to be able to compare Prime prices with local retailers, and be certain they are getting the best possible deal.
Prime Day Australia 2019 Inclusions
1. Prime Day Deals and Free Shipping:
"Lightning Deals" will be available for a specific number of hours, while "Prime Day Deals" can run for either one day or the entire duration of the event.
2. Live Prime Day Concert on Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon will be holding a live Prime Day Concert on 11th July at 11am AEST, and it will be accessible to all members via Amazon Prime Video. The lineup includes Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, SZA and Becky G, and it will be hosted by Jane Lynch.
3. Twitch Prime Celebrity Battle
On 12th, 13th and 14th of July, gaming fanatics can watch celebrities compete live on Twitch Prime.
Amazon Prime Day Shopping Tips
Given that Amazon has only been available in Australia for 18 months, Amazon Prime Day is still a relatively new concept to many local online shoppers, with some people unsure what to expect.
To get a clear idea of then magnitude and popularity of this particular sale event, you need only look previous events: at Prime Day 2018, over 100 million products were purchased, and it has been estimates that over US$4 billion was spent across the 36-hour event.
No doubt about it: Prime Day is BIG, so it's important to be organised in order to get your hands on those big sellers that everyone wants.
Here are our tips for shopping Prime Day like a pro:
1. Join Amazon Prime before Prime Day!
This goes without saying. With some lightning deals being snapped up in minutes, you don't have time to waste registering on the day. Join Prime ahead of time so that you are ready to shop on July 15th.
2. Update your Amazon account with your current address
Have you moved recently, or are you on holidays? Make sure you tidy up your account details before the sale starts so that your orders are going exactly where you need them to.
3. Familiarise yourself with Amazon Australia
As above, many people are still getting a feel for this platform in Australia, so pop over and get familiar with the interface and terminology Amazon uses.
3. Set reminders!
Set your alarm, add it to your calendars, and write it on the fridge: Prime Day is July 15th & 16th 2019
And it kicks off at midnight, so prepare yourself for a late one!
4. Make your Prime Day wish list ahead of time
Big-brand electronics sell fast at Prime Day, so make sure you make a beeline for those hot items before you start browsing other offers. (It's easy to get distracted on the day.)
5. "Watch" upcoming deals that you're interested in
On Prime Day, go straight to Today's Deals and click on "watch" underneath any upcoming Lightning or Prime Day deals you are interested in. This highlights them for you so you won't miss them once they are live.
6. Use the Amazon App for notifications of your watched items
By using the Amazon app, you can turn on notifications for your watched items, that way you'll get an alert when they go live.
7. Look out for the "Prime Day" badge against items
This tells you that the item is Prime eligible, and will definitely ship free for members.
Keep this page bookmarked. All the the best deals on Prime Day will be showcased right here.