If you want to save on your weekly shop, but don't have the time to scour the websites of each supermarket, keep this page handy! Each week we list the best of the half-price specials at our major grocery stores, as well as Aldi's special buys.
Woolworths Half-Price Specials
Current Woolworths specials run from Wednesday 21st March - Tuesday 27th March.
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Bunny 250g $3.75 (was $7.50)
- Lindt Mini Egg Bag 300g $8 (was $16)
- Lindt Lindor Balls 147-150g $6.25 (was $12.50)
- Ferrero Rocher Collection Pk 15 172g $6.30 (was $12.60)
- Cadbury Favourites Party Pack 540g $9.50 (was $19)
- Uncle Tobys Le Snak 132g 6pk $2.30 (was $4.60)
- Nice & Natural Nut Bars 180-192g 6pk $2 (were $4)
- Golden Crumpets Breaks 6pk $1.99 (were $3.99)
- Tip Top English Muffin Varieties Pk 6 $2.45 (were $4.90)
- Doritos Corn Chips 150-170g $1.64 (was $3.29)
- Betty Crocker Cake Mixes 400-540g (excludes gluten free) $2.60 (were $5.20)
- Lucky Almond Meal 400g $5.25 (was $10.50)
- Four ’N Twenty Pies Traditional 700g 4pk $4 (was $8)
- Streets Magnum Ice Creams 4pk Varieties $4.25 (was $8.50)
- Sara Lee Cheesecakes, Bavarians, Brownies or Butter Cakes 350-415g $3.15 (were $6.30)
- Coca-Cola Soft Drink Can Varieties 24pk $14.35 (was $28.75)
- Pepsi or Schweppes Can Varieties 10pk $5.50 (were $11.05)
- OGX Shampoo or Conditioner 385ml $9 (were $18)
- Sunsilk Shampoo or Conditioner 700ml $5 (was $10)
- Colgate Plax Freshmint Mouthwash 500ml $2.99 (was $5.99)
- Viva Paper Towel 2pk $1.75 (was $3.50)
- Dynamo Laundry Liquid 1.8/2 Litre $8.75 (was $17.50)
- Biozet Attack Laundry Powder 2kg $9.99 (was $20)
- Match-Ups Containers Half Price
- Thermostone Containers Half Price
TO SEE ALL CURRENT WOOLWORTHS HALF-PRICE SPECIALS, CLICK HERE.
Coles Half-Price Specials
Current Coles specials run from Wednesday 21st March - Tuesday 27th March.
- Cadbury Peter Rabbit Chocolate Bunny 100g $3 (save $3)
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Happy Easter Carton 250g $4.50 (save $4.50)
- Lindor Mini Eggs Value Bag $10 (save $10)
- Lindt Lindor Chocolate Gift Box 235g $9.50 (save $11.40)
- Cadbury Favourites Boxed Chocolate 540g $9.50 (save $11.40)
- Mars Maltesers 360g, M&M’s Peanut 440g or Celebrations 300g $5 (save $6)
- Coca-Cola Soft Drink 30x375ml $21.70 (save $21.20)
- Red Bull Energy Drink 4x250ml $5.37 (save $5.83)
- Moro Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 Litre $8.50 (save $10.20)
- Old El Paso Mexican Kits 275g-520g $3.25 (save $3.50)
- Uncle Tobys Plus Cereal Varieties 690g-820g $3.37 (save $4.11)
- Bulla Creamy Classics Custard 1 Litre or Custard Sticks 6 Pack $4 (save $4)
- Cadbury Ice Cream Tubs 473ml $3.50 (save (3.50)
- Ingham’s Chicken Breast Tenders Original 400g (frozen) $4 (save $4.80)
- Ho Mai Yum Cha Entertainer Pack 1kg (frozen) $7 (save $8.40)
- Caltrate Bone & Muscle Health Tablets 100 Pack $8.47 (save $8.56)
- Cold Power Laundry Liquid 2 Litre or Powder 2kg $8.25 (save $9.90)
- Mortein Powergard Flying Insect Killer 300g $4.40 (save $5.28)
- Duracell Ultra AAA Batteries 8 Pack or AA Batteries 10 Pack $8.50 (save $8.77)
- OMO Ultimate Laundry Powder 2kg or Liquid 1.8 Litre $11 (save $13.20)
- Vanish Gold Stain Remover Powder 2kg $10 (save $12)
- Nature’s Table Dry Dog Food 6.5kg $17.50 (save $21)
- Pantene Shampoo or Conditioner 900ml $7.85 (save $9.42)
- Decor Microsafe Containers Half Price
- Decor Match-Ups Half Price
TO SEE ALL CURRENT COLES HALF-PRICE SPECIALS, CLICK HERE.
Aldi Special Buys
Aldi special buys below available from Wednesday 21st March.
Top Picks - Gardening:
- Children's Gardening Tools $4.99
- Garden Beds with Base $29.90
- Children's Outdoor Setting - Wooden $79.99
- Garden Fertiliser 3kg $9.99
- All-in-One Windowsill Garden Kit $9.99
Top Picks - Workwear:
Aldi special buys below available from Saturday 24th March.
Top Picks - Home Cinema & Entertainment:
- 60"/152cm Ultra HD 4K TV $669
- 40"/101cm Full HD TV with DVD Player $349
- Xbox One S 1TB + Assassins Creed: Origins & Rainbow Six Siege (Downloads) $329
Top Picks - DIY:
- 5L Premium White Interior Paint $24.99
- 4L Primer/Sealer Undercoat Paint $29.99
- 5pk Premium Paint Brush Set $9.99
- 2200W High Pressure Cleaner $129
- Patio & Wall Cleaner $39.99
TO SEE ALL ALDI SPECIAL BUYS FOR THE WEEK, CLICK HERE.
About Online Grocery Shopping in Australia
For many Australians, online grocery shopping is the saving grace they've needed. Whether it's because a new mum can't leave the house, or because full-timers would rather enjoy their weekends than spend it with trolleys, queues and checkouts, online grocery shopping provides a very welcome reprieve in busy lives.
The good news is that as competition increases between Australia's supermarkets, there have never been more incentives to shop online for your groceries.
The Benefits Of Buying Groceries Online:
- It's a time saver, petrol saver and stress saver. (Anyone who has shopped with a two-year-old will understand.)
- It's convenient. You can organise to have your groceries delivered to your door, when it suits you.
- You can stick to your budget. Browsing aisles in person usually always leads to impulse buys. If you're shopping online, it's more likely you'll stick to your list, and your budget.
- You can find the cheapest options. Type in the product type you're after and sort by lowest price - too easy!
- You can stay abreast of new products. By shopping online, you can easily see all new products in one place. It sure saves scouring every corner of a supermarket to find new and exciting things!
Grocery Delivery Costs in Australia:
- Most deliveries to metro areas range between $4 and $18 per order. The difference comes from your choice of delivery window and your location.
- Delivery is FREE on the first order, provided it is over $100 in total.
- Delivery is FREE on any order purchased with a Coles Credit Card, provided the total is over $100.
- Standard delivery ranges from $3 to $11, depending on the value of your order; the more you spend, the less you pay for delivery.
- Delivery is FREE on orders over $300.
Click & Collect Grocery Services in Australia:
- Click & Collect is FREE at Coles Supermarkets, with same day collection available if you order before 11 a.m. Pick-up windows are: Monday to Saturday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sunday: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Click & Collect is FREE at Woolworths, but only available for orders over $30. (Note that not all stores offer pick-up services.)
When Will Aldi Offer Home Delivery in Australia?
Aldi currently appears to be focused on continuing to build the best in-store experience for shoppers, with several new stores scheduled to open in the coming years. Unfortunately, online options don't seem to be a priority for the German giant at this point.
Having said that, delivery services are being trialled overseas, which could be good news for Aussies down the track.
Other Online Grocery Stores in Australia:
Grocery Run, part of the Catch Group, is the place to find bulk items and heavily discounted groceries. Thousands of deals are on offer at any time, with new sales popping up on popular products almost daily.
At Kogan Pantry you will find heavily discounted booze and groceries, with many items shipping FREE.
Hello Fresh sells food boxes with accompanying recipes online, enabling busy families and individuals to cook nutritious meals easily and quickly, without needing to visit a supermarket.
Aussie Farmers Direct in Administration
Sadly, Aussie Farmers Direct has closed its doors for good. Unable to compete with heavy competition from our major supermarkets, and the cost of imported foods, Aussie Farmers Direct is no longer servicing Australians with food deliveries.