ING Orange Everyday Free bank account (+up to $60.00 free cash +$50c bonuses)
Anyway, from the website:
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
* Use EFTPOS to get $200 or more cash out when youre making a purchase, to get a 50c bonus (yep, well pay you to take the money out)
* Youll receive a $20 bonus when you make your first purchase using your Orange Everyday Visa Debit Card
* Youll receive a second $20 bonus when your first salary is deposited
* And youll receive a third $20 bonus when your first direct debit is set up and withdrawn
* But you need to be quick as these bonuses will only be paid until 15 October 2009
* Zero ING DIRECT dishonour fees
* Free online bank cheques
* Free SMS Security and Email Alerts
* Free spending tracker
* Free instant transfers to and from a linked Savings Maximiser or Savings Accelerator
* Free unlimited ING DIRECT online transactions such as BPAY and Pay Anyone in Australia
* Great rates on International Transfers
Now back to me talking:
The 2 biggest inconveniences I see are:
(1) that in order to be charged no ATM fees you must withdraw at least $200 each time. If you don't have $200 in your account, then you just need to go to any eftpos outlet and ask for cash out or just suck it up and cop the 50c ATM fee. The really cool thing is that by the looks of it they charge no dishonour fees and they pay you 50c for withdrawing more than $200.
(2) There are no branches so you gotta go to Australia Post to do your banking. I don't know about u guys, but our Australia post outlet has a waiting line of 20 minutes every time.
Here's the brochure: http://www.orangeeveryday.ingdirect.com.au/documents/Im_getting_paid_for_everyday_banking_June_2009.pdf
Anyway, I'm seriously tempted to give it a try . . .