Free 2 year magazine subscription when you switch to Origin Green Power
* Better Homes and Gardens
* Home Beautiful
* Your Garden
* Mens Health
* marie claire
Youll also receive the following with our ChoicePlus energy plan:
* Electricity and/or natural gas supplied to your home
* Choice of Government accredited Origin GreenPower options 25%, 50% 100% GreenPower
* Choice of Australias first Green Gas
* Flexibility, with no lock-in contract and no exit fees
* Choice of convenient payment options
We give you the option of choosing government accredited Origin GreenPower for some or all of your electricity needs.
GreenPower is electricity that comes from a new renewable energy generation source like solar or wind. Sources must have been built after 1997 to be accredited, encouraging continuing investment in Australias renewable energy.
How it works
You receive your electricity in the normal way, we simply ensure the percentage of GreenPower you choose is matched in the grid with renewable sources, reducing your greenhouse gas emissions.
Our government accredited Origin GreenPower products
* GreenEarth - you can choose 25% of your electricity consumption to be government accredited Origin GreenPower*
* GreenEarth Extra - you choose 50% of your electricity consumption to be government accredited Origin GreenPower*
* GreenEarth Wind - you choose 100% of your electricity consumption to be government accredited Origin GreenPower*
* GreenEarth Solar - you choose 100% of your electricity consumption to be government accredited Origin GreenPower*
Our 100% wind and 100% solar GreenPower products are independently rated Australias best in reducing greenhouse gas emissions by Green Electricity Watch.
Government accredited Origin GreenPower is currently available to customers in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland.
The approximate extra cost of GreenPower can be found at http://www.originenergy.com.au/1142/Green-energy-FAQs#whyextracost but is said to range between $13 and $77 per quarter, depending upon the plan chosen.