Why we dont let merchants post deals, coupons or sales direct to the forum at Buckscoop
Its not a condemnation, but as a merchant your pretty unlikely to place objectivity over profit. We see this every day in display ads that scream to us that 'X product is incredible value' or 'X sale is the cheapest you'll ever find' blah blah.
Buckscoop is a consumer refuge where objectivity is an absolute, not a rubbery thing. The only deals, sales, coupons, freebies allowed are ones posted by people (the Buckscoop clan) who have no vested interest in the subject. By strictly enforcing this, it upholds the site as a platform where you can trust that the content comes from actual consumers making an objective assessment on products, merchants, sales, etc.
Our ethical stance at Buckscoop isn't particularly popular with merchants and we don't get any covert backhanders coming our way, but as far as all of us who are involved in running the site are concerned, its far more rewarding that we are able to be completely trustworthy, transparent and objective.
Having said all of this, we are happy for merchant reps to post on relevant threads, so long as its useful information, you identify yourself as a rep, it adds to the body of content and it isn't self promotion. We also have a facility where you can email your deals to us so we can check them out but yes, we will look at them closely and apply our measure of assessment as to whether its a good deal or not. Those that aren't will fall off into the 'nope' bin, those that are will be posted.
- 66° - Woolworths - latest 1/2 price weekly deals out now.
- 43° - Under Armour Men's Charged Bandit 2 Running Shoes with Probikekit discount code for $87.99 delivered (vs. up to $179.99 elsewhere)
- 33° - 30% off footwear with SurfStitch promo code PUMPED30 (valid on sale items as well) - 15 styles for ~$50 delivered each
- 30° - Mid Season Sale at Dissh - Up to 70% off - Styles from $20 a pop
- 28° - Oral B Sensitve Clean Power Brush Heads 2pk for $6.99 (save $7) at Chemist Warehouse