Computers & Electronics
If there's ever a problem (for example someone walks in front of the remote as it's switching an input) then all you need to do is press the "help" button and it works through possible solutions that will generally fix the issue. Normally problems like that are rare as it has a good strong IR blaster in it.
Batteries (four AAA) last at least six months in my house, usually up to 12, but that may vary depending on how much it's used. It's probably a little more fragile than a normal remote, or at least seems so, but that's partly due to the weight (so if it's dropped there's more mass and a higher likelihood for damage), the complexity of the components inside, and also due to it being used so much (ie instead of spreading the usage over multiple remotes, the one unit is doing everything). In a normal household it should survive quite well though - just try not to throw it around as much as you might a normal remote. If you treat any of the high-end remotes roughly, things will start to fail - with this one it tends to be the LCD screen that goes first, followed by the buttons if they get mashed too hard and/or food/liquid gets in (although you can open the unit and carefully clean the pads/contacts with isopropyl - you can get these in little packs in chemists).
All up a brilliant product that used to cost around the $150 mark, and you can still pickup in the likes of JB HiFi for around the $100 mark. This is half that, and includes delivery.
Be aware that Logitech have brought out new remotes with a slightly different design that personally I don't like. They also are generally unable to control the number of devices that this unit can. The possible equivalent new 600 device only controls five devices (the 525 does up to ten) and costs more than twice as much. I have a spare in my study for when/if my current one dies. If you don't have one, get at least one now before they run out of stock......
- 75° - Ozgameshop - Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Xbox One or PS4 only $31.99 plus free delivery using code POST
- 61° - Bulk Cosmetic Steals at Ozsale - 3 x Essie Nail Color 13.5ml for $6.99 ($2.33 each) + free shipping
- 50° - Cotton On Brief sale - 8 undies for $38...thats $4.75 for a pair of ladies undies. Was from $79.60 to $119.60 for 8 undies in this sale [saving up to $81.60]. Deal expires 24.01.2017
- 47° - All Sale Shoes - now nothing over $59 at Hush Puppies
- 43° - "Biggest Bed Linen Sale Ever" at Adairs - E.G. Home Republic Brooklyn Waffle Quilt Cover Set White in QB was $249.95 now $99.95