Passengers will not be required to buy a ticket from the start of public transport services tomorrow to the last service at 1am on Saturday.
Victorians have sweltered through a once in a century heat wave this week. It has placed incredible strain on the public transport network and on commuters themselves, Ms Kosky said.
As a gesture to thank commuters for their patience, the Brumby Government has waived public transport fares tomorrow.
Ms Kosky said the heat has impacted the rail network with tracks buckling and slower and cancelled trains.
The Brumby Government and the states key transport groups know many commuters have been severely frustrated, she said.
- 75° - Ozgameshop - Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Xbox One or PS4 only $31.99 plus free delivery using code POST
- 67° - Bonds up to 50% off sale + free shipping - women's briefs starting from $4, trunks for $15 a pop + more
- 61° - Phone accessories from $3 + free shipping at Dick Smith / Kogan. E.G. Ultra Slim Clear Case for iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus for $3 delivered
- 61° - Bulk Cosmetic Steals at Ozsale - 3 x Essie Nail Color 13.5ml for $6.99 ($2.33 each) + free shipping
- 47° - All Sale Shoes - now nothing over $59 at Hush Puppies