Food Booze & Groceries
Bargain- 6 Jacobs Creek Johann Shiraz Cab Sauv 2003 - $92.71 at Winegrowers Direct
These two quotes will get you there
"Very well-made and balanced, especially for the vintage; full-bodied blackberry, dark chocolate and mocha, with quite spicy tannins on the finish"
"Sumptuous and bruising, it's packed with meaty, black and briary fruit amply balanced by sweet, toasty cedar/vanilla oak and firm, presently rather blocky tannins."
The quotes are made about the Jacobs Creek Johann Shiraz Cab 2002, which retails in the range of $54 to $79 a bottle. The two Johann vintages generally available got themselves lots of medals and accolades. But here's where it gets a little sticky. From what I can make out they only did 2 vintages. So there never was a 2003, which this cleanskin is being sold as. One comment says they didnt release the 2003 due to concerns about quality, which implies that they bottled it and if so then this cleanskin is probably it. Quality in this case would be relative I'd think.
Its being sold for $16.99 to $17.99 per bottle in the two places I've seen it listed but there may be more shops selling it as cleanskin. If its anywhere near as good as the 2002 it should be a bargain at $16.99. I've listed it at winegrowersdirect as they have a 100% money back guarantee so your not risking anything buying it. If you dont like it send it back.
The price its listed at onsite is $101.99 but if you refer a 'friend' (any email) to the site you get 10% off your next purchase. This should bring the price down to the $92 I've shown above. Delivery is $5 flat rate around Oz so the 6 bottle case will end up being $97 delivered.
- 57° - Woolworths - latest 1/2 price weekly deals out now.
- 43° - 40% off all Skype Gift Cards at Woolworths (starts Wednesday)
- 39° - Bras N Things free shipping on all orders with the code NEWSITE - e.g. nightshirt for $5 delivered (ends 24.03.2017)
- 28° - eBay - $30 off $100 or more spend at Sportscraft, Saba, Jag, Sunglasshut, Boohoo, Citybeach, Styletread and much more. Minimum spend $100.
- 28° - Catch Of The Day - Kenwood MultiOne Kitchen Food Processor & Mixer - White $229 [was $479]