Basically, get a Blackberry Curve 8520 for $249. Keep a minimum of $0.21 in credit and you can use the 'berry for a year for surfing the web, checking/sending email, and instant messages without paying one more cent (as long as you don't use the 'phone to make calls). Actually, thinking about it, the minimum I think you can put on the 'phone is probably $30 which, under the "now & then" plan will expire after 186 days, so you will effectively need to pay (over the year) $249 +$30 +$30....
Thinking about it something like a $19 plan from Virgin with the Nokia E63 might be better value if you can manage the amount of data you use.... anyhow, still a reasonable deal if you are a Blackberry person....
The fine print is as follows:
BlackBerry: BlackBerry® smartphones are locked to the Optus network. $120 fee applies if network locking is removed within 6 months from activation. If recharges have exceeded $120 no fee applies. Limit 1 per customer (except SA). No Rainchecks. Not all handsets available at all outlets. While stock lasts. *BlackBerry Unlimited Offer: Available to new customers who activate the Optus Pre-Paid Mobile BlackBerry® Curve 8520 Smartphone and connect to Optus Blackberry Turbo Cap. Blackberry Turbo Cap is the only rate plan customers can connect to and use with the BlackBerry® Curve 8520 Smartphone, customers can not use their own Blackberry device with Blackberry Turbo Cap, they must purchase the Optus BlackBerry® Curve 8520 Smartphone only. Blackberry Unlimited offer includes unlimited POP3 email and data usage through the BlackBerry® Browser and/or BlackBerry® Internet Browser for 12 months and is subject to the Optus Mobile Fair Go policy. Use of MMS/WAP (Optus Zoo) not included and will be charged at PAYG rates. 12 months commences from activation after which standard PAYG rates will apply to data used through the BlackBerry® Browser and BlackBerry® Internet Browser. Blackberry Unlimited offer will be discontinued if a customer does not have required minimum MyCredit call balance at any time. Existing customers must register their upgrade, swap SIM's to the SIM included with the BlackBerry® Curve 8520 Smartphone and change rate plans to the Optus Blackberry Turbo Cap to take advantage of this offer.
- 89° - Hallensteins Polo Tops was $39.99 now $10. Free delivery for all orders over $50.
- 75° - Ozgameshop - Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Xbox One or PS4 only $31.99 plus free delivery using code POST
- 67° - Bonds up to 50% off sale + free shipping - women's briefs starting from $4, trunks for $15 a pop + more
- 61° - Phone accessories from $3 + free shipping at Dick Smith / Kogan. E.G. Ultra Slim Clear Case for iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus for $3 delivered
- 50° - eBay 20% off Code stack - Dell XPS 13 7th Gen Intel Core i5 was $1899 now $1359 using code COMMIT20. Deal expires 22.01.2017