Mums & Kids
June 29, 2012 7:37PM
West Australian kids will get free entry to this year's Perth Royal Show.
THE WA government will fork out for $2 million worth of tickets for children under 12 accompanied by an adult at the annual agricultural show, held from September 29 to October 6, 2012.
It will also pay for children to get into regional agricultural shows around the state this year.
"The Perth Royal Show, with more than 60 agricultural shows across the regions, is an important part of the fabric of WA," Premier Colin Barnett said in a statement on Friday.
"This is the second consecutive year the state government has provided free entry to children 12 years and under."
Agriculture and Food Minister Terry Redman said the gesture would help promote the Year of the Farmer by building city-country relations and encourage people to get along to the agricultural shows across the state.
"These shows play a vital role in highlighting the value of the WA agriculture sector, and the Perth Royal Show in particular gives city children a valuable insight into where their food comes from," Mr Redman said.
- 89° - Hallensteins Polo Tops was $39.99 now $10. Free delivery for all orders over $50.
- 75° - Ozgameshop - Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Xbox One or PS4 only $31.99 plus free delivery using code POST
- 67° - Bonds up to 50% off sale + free shipping - women's briefs starting from $4, trunks for $15 a pop + more
- 61° - Phone accessories from $3 + free shipping at Dick Smith / Kogan. E.G. Ultra Slim Clear Case for iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus for $3 delivered
- 50° - eBay 20% off Code stack - Dell XPS 13 7th Gen Intel Core i5 was $1899 now $1359 using code COMMIT20. Deal expires 22.01.2017