Mums & Kids
2012 Perth Royal Show - Kids Get in Free
June 29, 2012 7:37PM
West Australian kids will get free entry to this year's Perth Royal Show.
THE WA government will fork out for $2 million worth of tickets for children under 12 accompanied by an adult at the annual agricultural show, held from September 29 to October 6, 2012.
It will also pay for children to get into regional agricultural shows around the state this year.
"The Perth Royal Show, with more than 60 agricultural shows across the regions, is an important part of the fabric of WA," Premier Colin Barnett said in a statement on Friday.
"This is the second consecutive year the state government has provided free entry to children 12 years and under."
Agriculture and Food Minister Terry Redman said the gesture would help promote the Year of the Farmer by building city-country relations and encourage people to get along to the agricultural shows across the state.
"These shows play a vital role in highlighting the value of the WA agriculture sector, and the Perth Royal Show in particular gives city children a valuable insight into where their food comes from," Mr Redman said.
- 55° - Sunbeam Go Lunch Food Warmer for $14.95 at Harris Scarfe vs. up to $50 elsewhere
- 39° - Notebooks R Us - LENOVO MIIX 510, 80U1004HAU, I7-6500U [Was $1899 plus shipping] now $1597.50 delivered
- 39° - The Co-op - 40% off Dakine Backpacks (but also works on other Dakine products) with code DAKINE17. Free del over $50 spend.
- 39° - eBay - 10% off everything (excluding postage) at eBay when you use voucher code C10. Min $75 spend. Expires 02.03.2017
- 38° - Portable Toilet 10L for $59 at BCF (was $129)